Marvin is a tool specifically designed to visualise and analyse MaNGA data. It is developed and maintained by the MaNGA team. Marvin allows you to:
- Access reduced MaNGA datacubes local, remotely, or via a web interface.
- Access and visualise data analysis products.
- Perform powerful queries on data and metadata.
- Abstract the datamodel and forget where the data actually lives.
- Make good visualisation and scientific decisions by preventing common mistakes when accessing the data.
This documentation assumes that you are familiar with MaNGA data and its acronyms. If that is not your case, consider reading this.
Marvin 2.x is the last version that will support Python 2. Marvin 3 and following will require Python 3.6+.
At a Glance¶
If you are new to Marvin check the following links before diving into the full documentation:
- What’s new in Marvin?
- The Getting Started is your quick start guide to Marvin.
- For quick reference, check out the Cheatsheet.
- For more detailed examples, see the Tutorials.
- Here is an introduction to the Astropy quantity class that Marvin uses to represent data (spectra, data cubes, etc).
- We welcome contributions to Marvin!
- If you use Marvin in any way, please cite and acknowledge Marvin.
- Getting Started
- Galaxy Tools
- Query Tools